tHE DIZZY is a band in Birmingham, and I am in that band. We started writing together in February, restarting their outfit after a year on hiatus, and we are set to release our first full-length LP, WRAPPED IN PLASTIC, in November of this year. I talk to them about all of this and how we practice being friends. Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thedizzyband/ and stay tuned through this month for more updates on the album. Join us Tuesday, Oct. 11th at the Syndicate Lounge in Birmingham for a night of debauchery music. PAINT THE TOWN RED with us. 9pm.
As for the rest of the show, we step out into a darkened corridor to explore new options and alternate times.
I read a cut-up translation of the Star-Spangled Banner, we hear announcements from both the President and a mysterious church organization, AND I take the time to try to make sense of it all just for the intentional viewer. Check us out and check on in.
MYSTICAL CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK -/P/-
When addressed in public with "Hey, how are you?, Hey, how's it going? How you doing?" etc, respond with an intentional deep breath and the slow delivery of "I'm doing it, and so are you." De-frag the automatic response of English greetings, the Hello trap.
1. Introduction - 0.00
- "Hello Trap" (words by William S. Burroughs and Brion Gysin) - 3.23
2. Opening monologue/news and magick recap - 5.53
3. "Our President" - 26.35
- "The Star-Still Anthem of (A)Isle THD, A. Company" - 28.39
- "@Church_of_the_HyLons" - 31.36
- "Mr. Fox Loves Us All" - 34.57
4. "The Star-Still Anthem" analysis - 35.28
5. News and dates - 1.10.41
6. Earth Hotel Original, "Losing My Face" - 1.17.54
7. Interview with tHE DIZZY - 1.18.52
8. (vocal round from) "My Lover's Ritual" by tHE DIZZY - 2.16.30 (appearing on WRAPPED IN PLASTIC, NOV. 2016/71 AN)